Anesthesia and Pain Management
Having your pet undergo an anesthetic procedure is frightening and you want to know that those monitoring your pet have extensive training and are able to handle any emergency that may arise. Our veterinary anesthesiologists are not only involved directly with many of the more critical anesthetic procedures, but they also provide on-going training to our support teams to ensure that every anesthetized patient is receiving the best care possible.
With 2 board-certified anesthesiologists, Surgical Referral Service’s anesthesia and pain management department is the largest of its kind. Their extensive training helps them to anticipate, recognize and care for any concerns that may be associated with anesthesia, from a pre-anesthetic evaluation all the way through the recovery process.
Our service is also dedicated to ensuring the comfort of your pet both while in the hospital and after they go home. Pain management techniques used include:
• Nerve blocks
• Multi-modal pain management through the use of oral, injectable and transdermal medications
These services allow your pet to heal with a minimal amount of pain and you can rest easy knowing that the latest information and techniques are being used to keep your pet comfortable and safe.
- Surgical Procedures
- Internal Medicine
- WALLE SOLBERG Case Report
- Medical & Radiation Oncology
- Imaging and Radiology
- Diagnostic Radiology/Fluoroscopy
- Computed Tomography (CT Scan)
- Scintigraphy/Nuclear Medicine
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Radioiodine Therapy (I-131)
- Interventional Radiology
- PACS Teleradiology
- Dermatology Procedures
- Dermatology FAQs
- Anesthesia/Pain Management
- Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Holistic Medicine